In summer it is important to eat cooling foods. These will encourage energy and activity, and can combat the summer heat. This salad is perfect for cooling down with it’s mix of watermelon, cucumber and mint. These are all known for their heat clearing properties.
- 1 kg Watermelon cubed
- 1 Cucumber cubed
- 1 cup chopped Mint leaves
- 3 Lime juiced
- 200g Feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chop the watermelon and cucumber into cubes
- Roughly chop the mint leaves
- squeeze/juice the lime and whisk together with the olive oil for the dressing.
- add the watermelon, cucumber and baby spinach leaves together. Add the mint leaves and crumbled feta cheese.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to serve.
Serve straight after preparing and enjoy!