Watercress is perfect in autumn as it strengthens your lungs, Qi and Yin. It can help relieve a dry, sore throat, phlegmy coughs, restlessness and even grumpiness.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin off
- 600g potatoes
- 150g flat beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 medium zucchinis, trimmed
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 1tbs sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 2tbs fresh orange juice
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1tbs white balsamic
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place salmon fillets on a tray lined with baking paper and roast for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside for 10 minutes to cool, then break apart into pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender, adding beans in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain then rinse with cold water. Slice potatoes into 1.5cm thick rounds.
- Cut zucchinis into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler, stopping when you reach the seeds. Place into a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place salmon, potatoes, beans, zucchini, watercress and sunflower seeds into a large bowl. Whisk together orange juice, olive oil and balsamic. Add the dressing to the salad, toss gently to combine and serve.