KEEP COOL, THAI STYLE
Here’s great and easy recipe to try on the weekend, or on any hot day. It’s yummy and cooling, and is usually a great hit with the kids too.
- 500g Beef rump steak/ substitute with tofu for vegan option
- Zucchini noodles (can be made using spiralizer, veggie peeler or grater)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (130g), seeded & thinly sliced
- 100g Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Small red capsicum (150g), thinly sliced
- 3 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 Cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ Cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce (can replace with Tamari)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- Cook beef until browned on both sides and cooked as desired. Cover & stand for 10 minutes. Then thinly slice beef.
- Combine zucchini noodles with other ingredients.
- Make Thai Dressing. Shake well to mix the dressing ingredients before tossing gently in bowl with all salad ingredients.