Here is a cooling, cleansing salad using dill and cucumber.
Dill is good at detoxifying the gastrointestinal tract and soothing for a sensitive stomach. Cucumber clears heat and cools the body, which is perfect for either during or after a hot spell of weather.
- Cucumbers, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 tsp salt in 1 cup water
- Pinch of dill
- Soak cucumbers in brine for 30 minutes
- Drain and dry slightly by pressing slices between paper towels
- Sprinkle with dill and serve
Recipe courtesy of Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford