- 4 cups of peeled and sliced apples (4 med)
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup certified gluten-free oats (I like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup date sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup (1 for the topping and 1/2 to drizzle over the top)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (make sure it is somewhat solid and not liquid)
- Preheat oven to 180
- Place apples in an 8-inch square pan, pour lemon juice over. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, spices and vanilla, toss around to combine.
- Mix almond flour, oats, spices, date sugar and maple syrup together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Cut in coconut oil in to make crumbly consistency.
- Sprinkle over the apples, drizzle remaining 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup over top and bake 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm- with some cream or yoghurt.