Apple crumble for breakfast?!
Yes indeed. Making some simple swaps turns this dessert into a nutritious breakfast.
Enjoy warm or cold with your favourite yoghurt.
- 4 cups of peeled and sliced apples (4 med)
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 3 Tbs almond butter
- Preheat oven to 180
- Place apples in an 8-inch square pan, pour lemon juice over. Add spices and vanilla, toss around to combine.
- Mix almond flour, oats, spices, coconut sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Cut coconut oil and almond butter in to make crumbly consistency.
- Sprinkle over the apples, bake 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm or cold with some yoghurt.