This warming vegie chilli (meat option included) is perfect for winter. Warmer foods are easier to digest and encourage your body to heal.
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (chopped)
- 2 sticks celery (chopped)
- 2 red peppers (chopped)
- 250g mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup of Kale (chopped)
- olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 400g chickpeas (tin- drain and rinse)
- 400g red kidney beans (tin- drain and rinse)
- 400g chopped tomatoes (tin)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Optional: 500g lean mince
- Rice, coriander and natural yoghurt to serve
- Heat a little olive oil and add: the chopped veg, chilli powder, cumin and cinnamon (plus salt and pepper).
- Cook until softened around 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add chickpeas, kidney beans and tomatoes (plus 1 tin of water).
*Add mince now if adding
- Add balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the a low heat and simmer with a lid slightly ajar for around 1 hour until slightly thickened and reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Serve up with coriander, rice and some yoghurt.