These delicious bliss balls are the perfect snack to bring to a festive gathering. Goji berries are high in antioxidants, especially zeaxanthin which helps the eyes. They contain large amounts of vitamins A and C, which together with the antioxidants help the immune system. They also contain beta-carotene, which is known for its ability to promote healthy skin. Cacao Contains vitamin A, D and E plus other minerals and medicinal properties. So you can enjoy these in moderation without feeling too guilty.
- 1 cup nut butter
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 3 tabs honey (or other sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (plus extra for rolling balls in)
- Melt the nut butter.
- Add all ingredients except goji berries to a food processor and mix until combined.
- Add goji berries and mix until combined.
- using wet hands take small handfuls of the mixture and roll into balls.
- roll each ball in desiccated coconut and place in fridge until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.