How are you doing?
No, how are you really doing?
Did anyone know during the month of June we had Men’s Health week? No? Well, I’m not surprised.
We don’t really like to talk about it. But that’s the problem right there. So I thought I’d have a little rant about health in a way the chaps might find easier to grasp.
To keep things simple, to have good health, you need good circulation.
Poor circulation can cause trouble with pretty much everything:
- Muscle & joint health: they need a good nutrition supply via the bloodstream
- Organ efficiency: the ability of the liver to detox and the gut to function both rely on a good blood supply
- Hormone balance: hormones regulate things like our sex drive and metabolism and travel to their destination via the bloodstream
- Neurotransmitters (happy hormones): serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins all travel via the bloodstream, which helps us feel happy, or at least not too sad. Depression and anxiety are key concerns when we talk about men’s health.
So, what can impact our circulation then?
- Injury and post-surgery: causing inflammation and scar tissue
- Heart and cardiovascular health: the pump and the pipes need to be up to the job
- Environment: cold causes vessels to constrict, whereas warm causes vessels to dilate
- Prolonged Stress: it can raise blood pressure affecting circulation
- Illness: it’s been found that Covid can cause inflammation and clotting
So, in short, if you want to improve your health, you need to improve your circulation.
The good news is most things that can help circulation are common sense. But to make sure the gents understand, here are some things that can help:
- Exercise, just do something, and build it to something more
- Meditation/breath work, this stuff works
- Good nutrition, it makes a difference
- Less of the fun stuff, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, and recreational stuff
If you want to get into it a bit deeper than that, reach out here !
For more info on Men’s health along with recipes, stretching & breathing videos check out our Instagram!