How can acupuncture be used for IVF?
Acupuncture is an exciting option for those undergoing IVF who are looking for some support. Acupuncture may help to improve the chances of conceiving from IVF and support a successful birth. Additionally, it’s an excellent choice for couples who want to avoid the side effects of medication.
So, what are the benefits of Acupuncture for IVF?
- Acupuncture regulates hormones and increases blood flow to the uterus and ovarian follicles.
- It is a safe and effective treatment for reproductive health.
- Acupuncture reduces stress and anxiety, which can be a significant factor for those trying to conceive.
How Acupuncture Can Help
- It can help reduce the side effects of IVF medications by regulating hormones. Common side effects include nausea, vomiting, headaches, hot flashes, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Research has shown acupuncture to improve blood flow throughout the body. As a result, nutrient-rich blood can easily travel through the body to the uterus, nourishing embryos as they grow inside their mother’s womb.
What role does it play for Embryo Transfer?
Acupuncture can play a large role in supporting embryo transfer in many different ways.
- It can reduce stress and improve relaxation to support your emotions and cortisol levels through the process
- Stimulate the body’s natural painkillers to help reduce any discomfort, cramping or pain after embryo transfer
- It may improve embryo implantation by increasing blood flow to the uterus. Doing so encourages a thick endometrial lining to be built and provides a healthy environment for an embryo.
If you are about to embark on your IVF journey and are considering acupuncture to help increase your chances of success, contact the clinic. We can discuss this information in more detail and discuss the next steps.