Benefits of cosmetic acupuncture
If I could have three wishes they would be:
- Looking healthy,
- Being full of energy and,
- Waking up feeling rested every day for the rest of my life.
Well, you might need a genie for all of these to come true but Cosmetic Acupuncture is certainly going to help you look healthier and feel better.
As the title implies Cosmetic Acupuncture is designed to help improve your complexion and rejuvenate your skin. Essentially by improving circulation to a specific area, this will revitalise tissue and it just might help sloooow down that ageing process.
Cosmetic Acupuncture has a 3-step process
- Local needling to the areas of concern, usually the face, scalp or other specific scar tissue.
- Gua sha (a form of stimulatory massage) or cupping to these same areas.
- Regular acupuncture to help constitutional health and balance. Your face and skin will reflect what’s happening on the inside so it’s essential to address both.
Cosmetic Acupuncture can help with all sorts of skin complaints: the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, eye bags, jowls, skin complexion, dry skin and cellulite to name a few.
Unlike botox, which is injecting a chemical to change how the muscles contract in your face, acupuncture is a process which can naturally help your skin look healthier, smoother and younger. Cosmetic acupuncture will both focus on the overall health of the body which has a flow on effect to the skin and target specific areas with stimulating techniques. So, in essence with this treatment you get the best of both approaches.
New year , new you
Written by Tori Cherry
Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine